Monday, August 1, 2016

Personal Passive Income and Expenses Monthly Report - July 2016

Hi Everyone,

Finally, it is the end of July 2016 (in fact today is the first day of August), as this is a monthly personal financial report, I will be doing a summary of my passive income, expenses and savings in this blog post. With this blog post, I will be able to note down my progress every month.

Investment and Passive Income - July 2016


My investment still remains the same as compared to June 2016 as I did not make any move into purchasing or selling any shares. Currently the market is pretty unstable (sometimes bull and sometimes bear) and also I need to prepare savings to purchase my first property next year as well.

My passive income in July 2016 was $238.37 which are all main from OCBC 360 interest, UOB One account interest and credit card rebate. This is a good monthly income as it can cover my travel expenses. However, the extra $100 from UOB credit card is given quarterly, so technically, my monthly interest is around  $138.37, which I have successfully met the target set on the previous month (target $138). My next month's passive income should hit $140 (hopefully I could).


Savings and Expenditure - July 2016


Based on the graph below, my expenses break down are as below (pretty much the same as last month):

1) Travel: $120 (Planned) VS $120 (Actual) - I bought adult concession so the amount is fixed
2) Food (Weekday): $160 (Planned) VS $94.20 (Actual)
3) Bills: $120 (Planned) VS $89.22 (Actual) 
4) Entertainment: $120 (Planned) VS $122.80 (Actual)
5) Others: $580 (Planned) VS $545.11 (Actual)

Overall: $1,100 (Planned) VS $971.33 (Actual)

Goal - July 2016

I have yet to achieve any goal for this year yet.


150K progress - July 2016

As of now, my savings is around 73%. 27 more percent to go before I hit my target! Wish me luck!


Conclusion - July 2016

This is a good result whereby my entertainment target was the only one that exceed the planned target. However, the overall expenses still within $1,000. This is indeed a good goal for me and I am really happy about it. Of course, I did not included my wedding expenses as I have already set a side the amount that I needed for wedding. 

My passive income was also doing a good job of having $138.37, which hit the target that I set formy self last month. With this amount, it can help me to clear my travel expenses with a bit of leftover.

Up till now, I have met none of my goals! But these goals are to be met during the last 2 to 3 months of this year. So by then I should be able to clear them all I believe.The biggest headache is my $150k goal. Certainly, I have increase 3%, leaving me with 27% more to go, however, it would mean that I need 9 months (if I manage to save 3% of 150k per month) which will be quite hard so hopefully my bonus can play a big part in clearing this hurdle.

So wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Keep it up! You will reach your goal soon by going according to your plan above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope I can achieve 40k savings in 9 months time

      Delete
  2. You still have 5 more months to go and good luck with your goals! The $150k target is probably the most challenging but I would imagine your monthly CPF-OA contributions and cash savings should get you close. If you get your bonus before year-end, you should make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will be a bit hard to meet the 150k target by the end of this year (after doing some serious calculation) hahaha. But I will try to hit at least 88% by the end of this year, if can hit more than the target I set, then I would definitely be happy :)

      Delete
  3. savings target of 150k is purely cash or inclusive of cpf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. inclusive of CPF (ordinary account) because I aiming to purchase my first property mid of next year

      Delete
  4. all the best in hitting your goals!

    ReplyDelete